Friday, July 27, 2007

Repost

This is something that I posted on an alternate blog while mine was broken. I just thought you all would like to know how my talk went and all that jazz.

I gave my talk on Sunday and I did a smashing job if I do say so myself (and I don't because I got a lot of comments). I think that blogging actually helped me out because for the first time I was able to write one out that sounded like I was speaking instead of reading. I also did not end up babbling and editing mid sentence. I purposely left it shorter than my alloted time because I knew that the person after me was talking about her pioneer ancestors (a little know fact is that tomorrow is Pioneer day, a day celebrated in Utah only) and they tend to ramble on a bit. We went over time so I knew that I was right in my decision. A crazy thing was that this time around I was not even that nervous. I was able to read slowly and distinctly instead of rushing and spitting into the microphone.

Evan and Harry both wanted to come up and sit with me on the stand. It was cute seeing them pointing at me excitedly when I was talking. When my husband gave his talk months ago (maybe even years ago) I know that I spent it outside with Evan and didn't get to hear a word. I was pleased that everyone stayed in the chapel the whole time even though I could hear both boys at times. If you are curious I will email anyone that asks a copy of my talk.

When I got home I ate lunch and then disappeared in to the bedroom for a Harry Potter reading frenzy. My husband took sole care of the children while I gorged myself on reading. I finished the book in eight hours (the same time that I finished the last book in) which included a dinner break. I am so glad that the book ended the way I wanted it to!

9 comments:

chichimama said...

Glad it went well! And glad you got to finish the book! Yeah for husbands who take kids so mommies can read Harry Potter :-).

Anonymous said...

Its been so long that Ive forgotten what my nephews look like. Please post pics ASAP!

Gina said...

I'm glad your talk went well!

Raesha D said...

Yeah on your talk!!! I just spoke about 2 months ago so I should be good for another 7 years or so (that seems to be my average:)) Thanks so much for the awesome chicken parmesan recipe - I'm sorry for the WAY over due thank you:):)

Anonymous said...

Glad the talk went well!

Eeeps about the blog, glad it worked out too!

Rene said...

I am so glad your talk went well. I was wondering about it. Glad to see your blog is up and running again! My oldest son went to a Harry Potter party at a bookstore in Maine. Started reading at 1 a.m. and finished at 6:29 a.m. He called me a slacker for just reading the summary on the internet, haha!

Welcome back, by the way!

Midlife Midwife said...

ooohhhh, I'd love to read your talk...email me. themidlifemidwife at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Wow read a book! What a luxury. I am not a Harry P fan don't know why I never got into it. I like catalogs though!

Jenifer said...

Glad all went well!

I finished Harry Potter last night.... took me longer since my hubs is not as nice as yours (he like still expects me to cook and take care of the kdis after he's worked all day! Sheesh.) I was glad how it turned out too! I though she could have killed a few less people but then it wouldn't have been very realistic huh?