Monday, January 04, 2010

Snow

No picture today but a bit of a whine. I am so tired of the snow. Last year it never stuck around this long and I am pretty sure that besides a few really bad cold snaps it was a heck of a lot warmer last year. This winter is brutal. We still have the snow from Christmas plus a few inches from Saturday night/Sunday morning and there is more snow in the forecast plus insanely cold weather. I like snow in small doses, if I wanted to have more I would move to Alaska or Canada. Spring can not come soon enough. Oops gotta go, baby crying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, but trust me, this is not the norm at all. The average high for January is around the mid to low 30s, not 10 or less! This is also the first time in my whole life I ever remember snow falling onto snow that hadn't melted yet! I think I'm gonna hide out and knit in bright colors until it's over.

Anonymous said...

Yes, snow's fine in small batches, when it won't interfere with your plans (which it usually does), and it's not necessary to drive anywhere.
And snow melting and refreezing into ice is downright wicked.
diana

Nancy Evans said...

I love snow now because it means snowshoeing! (also I do not have to shovel the driveway :)