Saturday, December 05, 2009

You can lead a horse to water...

I love messing with my kid's minds, that is half the fun of having kids. When else are you given free reign to shape how another human being thinks and also maybe slip a few silly things into that noggin.

Lately Harry has been pestering me about what we will be having for dinner, not that he eats it, but he sure seems really excited about it up until it is on his plate. I have been telling him that we are having Baby Daniel for dinner. It started as just a smart ass answer to a question I had been answering a lot and then because of his reaction (disbelief) I have kept it up. Occasionally Daniel will nap during dinner prep time and so I will ask Harry if he sees the baby when he tells me that we could not possibly be eating the baby. That of course confuses him for a second until he thinks about it and comes up with the thought that the baby could be in his room napping.

This silliness backfired this evening. We are working on using up the leftover turkey and I have been substituting it in our normal dishes for chicken where ever possible. Tonight I did that yet again so when Harry worked his way through the whole we are not really eating Baby Daniel but are eating something else bit I told him that we were having turkey. He would not believe me! He insisted we were having chicken and nothing I could say would convince him otherwise. What made the whole conversation even funnier was his pronunciation of chicken and turkey. He says them "kiken" and "kurkey", it was soo hard not to giggle and laugh.

He is also convinced that in our only family picture that the baby in it is Daniel and not Harry (yeah yeah I know I need a more current picture). If I ask him where he is then he will pull out a newer picture of himself and put it on top of the family picture. He has figured out a way to edit himself into the picture with out a computer, what a creative kid!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Smart kid indeed. I think he'll be a Photoshop pro when he gets bigger!

spice2116 said...

hahahaha that is awesome i think i will start being more creative when answering the"what's for dinner" question. usually i just say bugars lol

Heather said...

That is so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

He's not short in the certainty department. I like how he insists that all airplane trails are 'space ships,' and let's not hear a word to the contrary! =)

Hannah

ma said...

just like his mom, who wouldn't believe that the man eating plant your friend told you about wasn't real.

Tama said...

How funny! He is not only clever, but so cute!

I always tell my kids they won't like it so what does it matter what we are having. Or if it's dessert I tell them it's poisonous and they won't want any.

Gabriela said...

Wow! I've missed a lot. Happy Birthday Harry, Happy Thanksgiving, etc. etc.

It is fun to mess with the little ones sometimes. :)