Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer!

Today marks the unofficial start of summer. We have a quiet day planned but did splurge on some steaks that we will grill on the good old charcoal grill. It is a bittersweet day for me since it is the last day of my husband's leave, tomorrow he is back to work, leaving me all alone with three kids.

Luckily we have a nice quiet week ahead of us. It is the first time in months that we don't have any doctor's appointments planned. I am almost giddy with excitement! It is nice that we are finally getting a chance to have a break and even possibly plan some stuff with friends (what most stay at home mothers do when faced with a day alone with three kids). I have almost forgotten what it is like to have a play date to look forward to. It will be nice to not be so wrapped up in just keeping my head above water and maybe get a chance to enjoy the swim.

Here is a gratuitous baby picture for the grandparents who think I don't post enough pictures. I love the twisted positions that babies can sleep in with out doing things like throwing out backs and the like which would happen to us older and more decrepit people. The poor little guy has a bit of a cold thanks to his generous brothers. I tried to keep them from sharing their germs, but that was impossible with such smitten older brothers.


10 comments:

chelle said...

awww so cute!

Hope you have a fabulous week and playdate!

Damselfly said...

I just wanna squeeze him, cold and all!

Hope you have a great Memorial Day and a nice relaxing week ahead.

Heather said...

He is adorable!

Zephra said...

That is a sweet pic but they are right. You don't post enough pics.

Midlife Midwife said...

Hey, grandma's like me LOVE baby pictures!

fidget said...

awwwwwww! Sorry he isnt feeling well :(

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little guy! Hope he feels better soon. Happy Summer.
diana

Anonymous said...

what a funny looking round headed kid

Magpie said...

That photo is adorable - the colors, the position, the baby.

Jen S. said...

I was just commenting to someone the other day, why don't they make soft comfy jammies for grown-ups like they make for babies??

He is SUCH a beautiful baby!!! I also wanna squeeze him!