Monday, May 18, 2009

R.I.P. Sparky

Once upon a time there was a happy squirrel named Sparky. He loved to run along power lines to reach distant trees. Once day he decided to try a new way down to the ground. Sadly for Sparky that new way down happened to complete the circuit. With a bang Sparky found himself in Squirrel Heaven.

We lost power for a few hours and now have a dead squirrel in our back yard thanks to Sparky's antics. For some reason my husband was not going for the possibility that we could turn Sparky into dinner (after all he was precooked right?). I would post pictures but I am not sure that you all really would like seeing the dead Sparky.

10 comments:

Vicky said...

Bleh! You are right about that!

I bet the boys were fascinated though, weren't they? Mine would be....

Damselfly said...

Um. Precooked and all, huh? What do you think squirrel tastes like?

The same thing happened to us last year, only it was an iguana that wandered into a power station.

Zephra said...

Pre-cooked? imagine how much time that would save.

Awesome Mom said...

We have not actually shown them The body. We recently lots most of the content of our fish tank to a disease, so I have had my fill of explaining about death for the time being.

Anonymous said...

I was reviewing lil' dannys pics and I think I see a hint of a dimple!- just like big danny

Anonymous said...

in the chin that is.

chelle said...

awww poor squirrel!

Anonymous said...

Poor Sparky! The squirrels in your town are really cute.
That's a shame about your fish, too.
Once when I was about 11 years old one of my brothers shot a squirrel and Mom decided to cook it. (during the lean years on the ranch) Mom assured us all that squirrels are wholesome because they mainly eat nuts. I pushed it around my plate and managed to avoid eating it.
diana

spice2116 said...

only a guy would think of having him for dinner lol

Unknown said...

Ohhhh no. And ewwwwwwww!