Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Evan!

This post is a bit late thanks to me deciding that I was going to stop complaining as much. It has been a bit rough the last few days thanks to naughty children (more poop messes and a food dye incident both thanks to Harry) and my hormones. Angry Pregnant Woman is out in full force and roaming my house.

Evan did not get to have his cake until tonight because he decided to test it out early yesterday. It was one of those I have to go to the bathroom really quick and while i am in there something messy and bad happens incidents. The cake was not too badly damaged but since I had just told him right before I went into the bathroom that if he touched it he would be in trouble I had to follow through.

Here are some pictures. Elmo did not quite turn out the color I wanted but I had already used so much food dye that I did not feel I could really add any more. That frosting wanted to stay pink even though it did get darker as it dried turning a lot redder. I am never ever going to make another one of these cakes. It is just too frustrating for me to try and get that color right. The artist inside me wants perfection and has to have the perfect color and it just drives me nuts.


This was a tough shot to get because my baby belly kept trying to get in the way.

The last two shots are why this cake will not be hanging around too long.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan looks like he really enjoyed that cake! Good job, Mommy.
And the photos are awesome.
diana

Aunt Kathy said...

Well the ELMO cake looks great to me. Maybe Cookie Monster Blue would be easier, LOL next time.

Good job Awesome Mom

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!

Anonymous said...

aww the cake turned out so great!!!

Happy birthday Evan!

Darren said...

Happy birthday to Evan! I think the cake looks great.

Posh Totty said...

Happy Birthday Evan Xx

Tama said...

Wow! That looks like a whole lot of good fun! What cute candles on the cake! Happy Birthday to him!

PS: I love your new blog look!

spice2116 said...

that cake looks awesome good job, and good job at sticking to your word lol

i wouldnt mind seeing your baby belly :p

Midlife Midwife said...

The cake is such a cute idea. Happy Birthay Evan

Unknown said...

That cake turned out soooooo cute! I have yet to make my own homemade attempt. I'm good at the baking, just not the decorating.

Happy belated to Evan!

Damselfly said...

Aw, cute! Happy belated birthday to Evan.