Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lots of stuff

Surgery is on for tomorrow morning. It was a really long day today filled with a lot of "fun" stuff. One really nice thing was that we got to stay in one room for most of it and only had to leave the room for the chest x-ray. They also had a lot of nice Car's related toys that kept Evan entertained for the majority of the time. I was bored out of my mind but did not dare bring my knitting.

The surgeon has decided to replace the lead so we will likely be in the hospital until Sunday. Instead of going through Evan's chest he is going to go through the side. He felt that the scar tissue from his previous surgeries would probably cause more trauma than was really needed to replace the lead. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that we have an uneventful stay so that my husband does not have to take any more time off of work. His current shop is a lot more sticky about stuff since his bosses are civilians and not military.

While I was gone my OB's nurse called and talked to my husband for a bit. I called back later and got educated over the phone about injecting the insulin (since there was no way I would get in any time soon to get face to face instruction). It was kind of redundant, since I was already well aware of how to do a sub-q injection having had a lot of practice when Evan was on Lovenox. I got enough to insulin at the local pharmacy to last me until the home health care place that is handling my testing supplies can process everything and get me my drugs mailed to me.

12 comments:

Gabriela said...

Best of luck with the surgery! I hope all goes perfectly well.

(and reading back, I would have been sooo mad at your OB. grrrrr).

Aunt Kathy said...

I'll be praying that things go smooths and easy for Evan tomorrow.

chichimama said...

Will be thinking of you and Evan tomorrow, best of luck and hope it all goes smoothly. If you need anything, give a (long distance) holler.

Midlife Midwife said...

I will be praying for you both tomorrow. Good luck with the surgery...and the insulin. :-) Hang in there awesome mom.

Kate said...

Best of luck with everything.

Heather said...

Thinking of you and your little guy!

Anonymous said...

Good luck ... take care of you too!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I hope all goes well!!

Elizabeth-W said...

Best of luck!!

talitha said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, big prayers that all goes smoothly, and you take care of yourself as well as your boy.

Gina said...

Was thinking of you today, and I wish all of you well!

Unknown said...

Hugs and prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery!