Monday, December 15, 2008

Easy

I have a crazy fun filled week ahead of me. There are a lot of activities and appointments packed into a short period of time. I think that I have managed to get a handle on things but I may be white knuckling it. Added to this is the fun icy cold that is Kansas at winter time. We went grocery shopping this morning and it was 7 degrees F outside and that was not accounting for the wind chill which temperature at below 0. Evan had the nerve to ask if he could stay outside and play when earlier he had been whining about the cold. I had half a mind to let him stay out there for a short time all by himself.

Something that has saved my tenuous sanity and made me seem a whole lot more together than I really am is the discovery that fudge is a seriously easy treat to make. All you need is a bag of chocolate chips, a can of sweetened condensed milk and a small amount of butter. You melt them all together, spread the goo onto wax paper and throw it into the fridge. Two hours later you have a yummy treat to share. I bought some mint and orange extract to add some different flavors to it and have also been digging around in my pantry for leftover things that go well in it. Marshmallows have been the most popular additive so far, but I like the orange walnut batch that I made.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite recipes, too. Yummy!
We just add 1 and 1/4 c. of crunchy peanut butter instead of the butter.

Been complaining because the temperature here is in the 30's. Now I feel like a wimp!

Aunt Kathy said...

Ooh I LOVE Fudge. I always made the really easy Fudge with the marshmallow fluff. Yummy

Heather said...

Mmmm fudge.

It's -4 here today, and -25 with wind chill. Brrrrr.

Gabriela said...

I am a fudge snob-I only like my mom's homeade fudge. The last several years she has tried to sell me on the chocolate chip variety but I don't let her get away with it!

She never added anything special though...

It's in the 80's here. I wish I were cold!

:)

Don Mills Diva said...

Uh-oh - I had no idea fudge was so easy to make...

Curse you! :-)

Anonymous said...

oh goodness I think I need fudge now.