Friday, October 21, 2005

Traffic sucks!!!!

While I am glad that I live near many specialized doctors (for my son's sake) I hate that we live near a large population center. Today on the way back from an evaluation to see if my son needs occupational therapy I was caught in almost constant traffic. I left the hospital at 2ish and did not get home until 4 in the afternoon. I have no idea how people who work in the city can stand to spend that much time in a car.

My brain kind of shut off while I was driving. It was so mind boggling boring to watch the car in front of me creeping forward and then stopping. During the drive I really wished that I was my sister and I had an iPod filled with songs. The radio sucked big time and the stations kept fuzzing out on me. I ended up listening to NPR for most of the way home.

Another thing that did not help my mood was that last night my "darling" son kept waking up crying for unknown reasons. That caused him to be super cranky all morning driving my tired self up the wall. I normally get a nap when he does but the timing of the appointment threw that thought out the window. I think he knows the days when this happens because it seems like his waking episodes happen when I will not be able to have a nap the next day.

Oh well tomorrow should be a fun day, at least I will get to sleep in. I have a wonderful husband that gets up with the child on weekends.

No comments: