Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Bleh

We are in California.

The move was crazy thanks to the weather taking a warm turn. My husband handled the movers and I got to wrangle the kids. We got a motel which was nice since we needed a place for the kids to nap during the day when all the hubbub was going on.

We had a semi eventful trip to Utah. My husband picked a long but more direct rout which meant we took longer to get there than we really should have. Daniel kept things fun by having a diaper blowout early on in the trip. I don't think the car seat will ever be the same. We had a nice stay with my family and the weather was amazing which was a nice change from the awful humidity of Kansas.

The trip to California was made eventful by my husband yet again deciding on a more direct route. If he had been headed to our new home things would have been hunky dory but since we are visiting with my inlaws we got a more "fun" route. The roads were insanely twisty and turny. I could not even hand back snacks to the kids after we left the main route across Nevada. Poor Daniel threw up because he got so car sick. We are never ever going that way again... ever, ever, ever again!

In a few weeks we will be headed south and getting settled in our new home.

4 comments:

Lynnie Lee said...

Glad you made it safe and sound... if a bit on the stinky side. ;) I miss you already! We need to swap RealIDs sometime! :)

Gina said...

Oh diaper blowout! Boo!

I'd never experienced any until my daughter, and man, do they suck.

Hope the move goes smoothly!

Zephra said...

I don't think the carseat will ever be the same again. LOL

Have a safe and puke/poop free rest of the trip.

Susie said...

Sounds like things are kinda stressful right now. We really loved seeing you guys in UT. I know those roads you speak of, and all I can say is, hear ya, with lots of sympathy. Good thing there's a sweet family at the other end who loves you. Keep us updated; looking forward to photos!